Saturday, August 11, 2012

WORKSPACE

I'm always curious to see other artist's workspaces.  Are they all as messy as mine? Do they all snack while they work as well?  I think its really interesting.  Design Sponge's "What's In Your Toolbox?"  offers some glimpses of interesting spaces and sometimes painter Audrey Kawasaki's blog shows a little of where she works.

My old 'studio' back in Michigan.  Basically it was the living room floor, where I sat in the one clear spot inside a ring of art supplies, diet coke cups and sour patch kids wrappers.  Painting all night and watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer.  I suppose my workspace is better now, what with the desks and chairs and stuff, but I did love sitting on the floor to work.

After I moved to a loft in Bushwick, I got waaaay more space to make into a big mess.  This picture was taken when I was working on a commissioned piece, which was pretty damn big.  It took over basically the entire studio.


This is the same loft space, different arrangement.  The pic on the left is from a rainy day, the one on the right is a desk close up.  Man, I gotta find the SD card for my DSLR camera, these iphone pics just aren't cutting, huh?

What does YOUR workspace look like?



No comments:

Post a Comment